Re: Diff of this page with other version

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Diff of this page with other version
Date: 2024-03-04 17:46:08
Lists: pgsql-www

Em seg., 4 de mar. de 2024 às 12:12, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escreveu:

> Given that we've not offered something like this
> at all before, I think it's silly to put in a lot of up-front effort
> in advance of seeing what the demand really is.

Well, only saying that I brought to this discussion several committers
is proof of how beneficial this feature would be.

> In any case, I concur with the other committers that there is simply
> no way we're going to accept manual change markup as an additional
> expectation for documentation commits. It's hard enough already.

I understand that every change on docs would have this additional step,
but I don't think it is a huge step. And talking about additional steps,
compare how many tags exist on release notes of version 8.0 and
release notes of version 16.0.