Re: bug on log generation ?

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug on log generation ?
Date: 2022-08-08 15:07:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What platform is this on? Is it possible that on some platform the chunk
> size we're using is not doing an atomic write?

Until last year we were Ubuntu 16.04 and Postgres 11 with the latest minor
update.
This January we changed to Ubuntu 20.04 and Postgres 14, now updated to
14.4.

But the problem occured on both old and new SO and Postgres versions.
Right now I opened the current log file and there are 20 or 30 of these
statements and all of them are fine, maybe tomorrow the problem comes back,
maybe this afternoon.

thanks
Marcos