Re: Diff of this page with other version

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Diff of this page with other version
Date: 2024-03-04 13:11:26
Lists: pgsql-www

Em dom., 3 de mar. de 2024 às 17:26, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
escreveu:

> I think your proposal is a reasonable idea and a very convenient service
> for users ... but there's zero chance that committers are going to
> accept the additional work and the resulting uglification of the
> document source.
>
> If it can be done by post-processing the XML and finding the
> differences, to automatically insert some markup that lets the UI show
> the differences as you suggest, then we can discuss ways to integrate
> that.

I understand your point but cannot imagine a tool that does all those
points I've detailed.
And about uglification of document source, what I propose is just another
internal tag
for each version. same way you use <command>, <literal>, etc, you would use
<v15>,
<v16> and so on, just that. So I don't think it is a uglification of
document source.

Version 15:
<para>
You must own the schema to use <command>ALTER SCHEMA</command>.
To rename a schema you must also have the
<literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or
indirect member of the new owning role, and you must have the
<literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
(Note that superusers have all these privileges automatically.)
</para>
</refsect1>
Version 16:
<para>*<v16>*
You must own the schema to use <command>ALTER SCHEMA</command>.
To rename a schema you must also have the
<literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
To alter the owner, you must be able to <literal>SET ROLE</literal> to
the
new owning role, and that role must have the
<literal>CREATE</literal> privilege for the database.
(Note that superusers have all these privileges automatically.)
*</v16>*</para>
</refsect1>