Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1

From: Marcos Pegoraro <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1
Date: 2021-11-29 12:03:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > 2138: Incremental Materialized View Maintenance
>
> I've responded to it in the following thread, and described the recent
> discussions,
> current status, summary of IVM feature and design, and past discussions.

IVM is a wonderful feature, but some features were omitted because of
its complexity, so maybe IVM will spend more time to completely solve what
it wants to do.
I did not understand, and didn´t find on docs, if a Materialized View is a
table, why I cannot change a specific record ?
Because if I have a way to create and refresh the entire view and update a
single record it would give me all power of IVM is trying to.

regards,
Marcos