Re: Mail an JDBC driver

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KUNES Michael <Michael(dot)KUNES(at)frequentis(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mail an JDBC driver
Date: 2016-08-03 14:42:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> we change the schema name by extending the file that we create via pg_dump.

I wonder if there is a proper pg_dump solution so the schema can be
imported with different name without resorting to "alter schema rename".

That would pretty much cover the case.

In any case, "importing tables and renaming schemas while the application
is using them" is an awful idea.
You'd better implement some "switch" that is triggered as the new schema is
ready (e.g. import to another schema, and set search_path).

Vladimir