Re: JDBC String to Bool spec

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jorge Solórzano <jorsol(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Kevin Wooten <kdubb(at)me(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC String to Bool spec
Date: 2017-01-16 20:02:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>when execute rs.getBoolean(1), it gets false, but it should be an
cannotCastException.

I'm not sure what is the ultimate right thing there (please forgive me I
did not follow the thread), however I'm quite sure we cannot just break
things "for no obvious reason".

Of course, major version change like 9.4 -> 42.0 allows us to break things,
however I'm not fan of breaking too much at the same time.

Just in case: java.lang.Boolean#valueOf(java.lang.String) does not throw on
bad input.

Vladimir