Re: Change of format of returned flat value after prepareThreshold

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michał Niklas <michal(dot)niklas(at)heuthes(dot)pl>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Mikko Tiihonen <Mikko(dot)Tiihonen(at)nitorcreations(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Change of format of returned flat value after prepareThreshold
Date: 2015-10-19 10:50:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> OK, but I think string representation of such float should
> not change during program life.

Michal, pull requests are welcome.
Even though I do find that _a bit_ surprising behavior, I do not see
an easy way of fixing it.

> but this jdbc driver feature is
>supposed to be more of a debug feature, because it slows down queries due to needing an extra
>round-trip for each query.

Mikko, binary transfer should not be considered a "debug" feature.

In case the query is executed more than once (that is often happens
when using bind variables), jdbc driver skips prepare phase, it skips
sending query text, and it can use binary for faster encoding.

Vladimir