Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Raiskup <praiskup(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Álvaro Hernández <aht(at)8kdata(dot)com>, Vitalii Tymchyshyn <vit(at)tym(dot)im>
Subject: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Date: 2016-01-25 13:08:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Pavel> nobody else needs it on Fedora

How do you know that?

pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/osgi/PGDataSourceFactory.java is
one of the public end-points for pgjdbc.
What you are saying is just: "nobody cares OSGi".
Google gives 800K results for OSGi. Stack overflow gives 15K. It is
not that wise to just drop OSGi.

Vladimir>>xisting sources (that are available at Maven
Vladimir>> Central).

Pavel>How?

wget https://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/osgi/org.osgi.enterprise/5.0.0/org.osgi.enterprise-5.0.0.jar

Pavel>This is important question -- do they require maven?

I think they do. Their source repository is full of pom.xml files.

Pavel> So how can they use jar from our RPMs?

What is the purpose of packaging pgjdbc.jar into RPM then if jar files
are not "accessible"?

Vladimir