Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc

From: Abhishek Kumar <abhishek(dot)aak0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query regarding Bind data type, precision, scale while using psqlodbc
Date: 2024-07-11 05:18:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am trying to use psqlodbc native driver with my ODBC application. While
using this, SQLColumns API returns me the following information for the
below Data types :

1. Decimal : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
2. Numeric : datatype = 2, precision = 28, scale = 6
3. Money : datatype = 6, precision = 10, scale = 0

Please help me with the following questions on the above
1. Are there any known issues or limitations with the above data types ?
2. Can you please point me to some official documentation or user reference
which could clearly state the bind type, c data type, precision, scale for
each of the data type psqlodbc supports, such that it can be used correctly
in SQLBindParam?

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar