Postgre ODBC connection Encoding Issue

From: Divakar Krishnan <divakarkrishnan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgre ODBC connection Encoding Issue
Date: 2020-11-30 12:35:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dear Team,

I am trying to read data from Postgre through the ODBC connection in
Microsoft Power BI.

ODBC Connection was successful but when I am selecting a few tables and
trying to preview / load, I am getting below error message.

*Error Message:*

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [22P05] ERROR: character with byte sequence
0xe2 0x80 0x8b in encoding UTF8 has no equivalent in encoding WIN1252

Error while executing the query

My ODBC test connection is successful, I have tried it with both PostgreSQL
ANSI(x64) and PostgreSQL Unicode(x64) driver but still am getting the same
error.

I believe that I need to change something in ODBC. Can someone please help
me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

*Divakar.P.K*

BI Consultant

[image: http://adinb.com/itt_new1.png]

*Ittihad International Investment LLC*

P.O. Box 41188, Abu Dhabi, UAE

T: +971 2 658 1888 <+97126581888>

F: +971 <%20+971501235053>2 658 1800

M: +971 569 459 332

divakar(dot)krishnan(at)ittihadinvestment(dot)ae

www.ittihadinvestment.ae