Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables

From: Deepak Beehyv <deepakram(dot)beehyv(at)alationdata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: venky(dot)ganti(at)alation(dot)com, nishanth beehyv <nishanth(dot)beehyv(at)alationdata(dot)com>, Dheeraj Beehyv <dheerajgoud(dot)beehyv(at)alationdata(dot)com>
Subject: Regarding inclusion of indexes as tables
Date: 2015-05-08 11:40:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,
We are trying to use the getColumns() and getTables() functions from
DatabaseMetaData, but we are getting indexes as well in getTables() and
indexColumns from getColumns() call. We are able to filter out indexes from
getTables using tableType column available but were unable to do that for
columns as tableType is not captured.
I would like to know if getting indexes in getTables() and indexColumns in
getColumns is warranted or a bug. If such a behaviour is warranted, is
there any alternate solution.

--
regards
N.Deepak Ram