Re: Autoformatting

From: Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Raffi Holzer <rholzer(at)pivotal(dot)io>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autoformatting
Date: 2017-05-08 14:50:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Over the weekend I created some options for formatting. certainly this
isn't complete but I hope it is a good starting point for the conversation.
Copy and paste lost syntax highlighting but please assume that will be
included.

/* Unformatted */

select distinct dep.deptype,dep.classid,coalesce(coc.relname, clrw.relname)
as
ownertable from pg_depend dep left join pg_class cl on dep.objid = cl.oid
left join pg_attribute att on dep.objid = att.attrelid and dep.objsubid =
att.attnum
where dep.objid = 16385 :: oid and classid in (select oid from pg_class
where relname in ( 'pg_class', 'pg_constraint' )) order by
classid,cl.relkin;

/* Keywords Upper, Stacked, commas after */

SELECT DISTINCT dep.deptype,
dep.classid,
Coalesce(coc.relname, clrw.relname) AS ownertable
FROM pg_depend dep
left join pg_class cl
ON dep.objid = cl.oid
left join pg_attribute att
ON dep.objid = att.attrelid
AND dep.objsubid = att.attnum
WHERE dep.objid = 16385 :: oid
AND classid IN (SELECT oid
FROM pg_class
WHERE relname IN ( 'pg_class', 'pg_constraint' ))
ORDER BY classid,
cl.relkin;

/* Keywords Upper, Stacked, commas before */

SELECT DISTINCT dep.deptype
,dep.classid
,Coalesce(coc.relname, clrw.relname) AS ownertable
FROM pg_depend dep
left join pg_class cl
ON dep.objid = cl.oid
left join pg_attribute att
ON dep.objid = att.attrelid
AND dep.objsubid = att.attnum
WHERE dep.objid = 16385 :: oid
AND classid IN (SELECT oid
FROM pg_class
WHERE relname IN ( 'pg_class', 'pg_constraint' ))
ORDER BY classid
,cl.relkin;

/* Keywords Upper, indent = 2 spaces, commas before */

SELECT DISTINCT dep.deptype
,dep.classid
,coalesce(coc.relname, clrw.relname) AS ownertable
FROM pg_depend dep
LEFT JOIN pg_class cl
ON dep.objid = cl.oid
LEFT JOIN pg_attribute att
ON dep.objid = att.attrelid
AND dep.objsubid = att.attnum
WHERE dep.objid = 16385::oid
AND classid IN (
SELECT oid
FROM pg_class
WHERE relname IN (
'pg_class'
,'pg_constraint'
)
)
ORDER BY classid
,cl.relkin;

/* Keywords Upper, indent = \t, commas before */