Re: Selecting tables from Browser

From: Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jing Li <jingli(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Hao Wang <haowang(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Violet Cheng <vcheng(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Wenlin Zhang <wzhang(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Bing Xu <bxu(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Teng Zhang <tezhang(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Re: Selecting tables from Browser
Date: 2017-08-21 17:53:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Shirley,

I have a few questions.

1. Why 20. It is a dunbar number and seems smallish but is there another
reason?
2. Since this is referred to as an Object Manager I assume the same
thing will eventually be available for databases, schema, partitions, etc.
How do permissions work currently to limit m view of these objects? (or do
they)
3. Do you think that this would look differently if you assumptions were
based on a user who writes BI reports or some other non-DBA user?

-- Rob