Fixup some StringInfo usages

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fixup some StringInfo usages
Date: 2024-04-09 00:53:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Similar to f736e188c, I've attached a patch that fixes up a few
misusages of the StringInfo functions. These just swap one function
call for another function that is more suited to the use case.

I've also attached the patch that I used to find these. That's not
intended for commit.

I feel like it's a good idea to fix these soon while they're new
rather than wait N years and make backpatching bug fixes possibly
harder.

I've attached a file with git blame commands to identify where all of
these were introduced. All are new to PG17.

Any objections?

David

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Fixup-various-StringInfo-function-usages.patch text/plain 6.0 KB
v1-0001-Adjust-code-to-highlight-appendStringInfo-misusag.patch.txt text/plain 9.4 KB
git_blame.txt text/plain 1.9 KB