Re: a code question

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: qiumingcheng <qiumingcheng(at)aliyun(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: a code question
Date: 2022-04-05 07:14:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 at 17:42, qiumingcheng <qiumingcheng(at)aliyun(dot)com> wrote:
> When I read the code, the following code may be wrong, please help to confirm:at following 1, why the calculation of the pointer is calculated twice, thank you very much.

/*
* Estimate number of hashtable entries we can have within maxbytes. This
* estimates the hash cost as sizeof(PagetableEntry), which is good enough
* for our purpose. Also count an extra Pointer per entry for the arrays
* created during iteration readout.
*/

"arrays" is plural in the comment above. Maybe the comment would be
better to spell it out more clearly. I imagine it's talking about the
spages and schunks arrays which are created in tbm_begin_iterate().

David