Re: Distributed systems and primary keys

From: Koichi Suzuki <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Melvin Call <melvincall979(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Distributed systems and primary keys
Date: 2013-07-12 15:04:01
Lists: pgsql-general

In Postgres-XC, GTM assigns sequence value to all the transactions in its
cluster. XC is a kind of tightly-coupled distributed system. In a
loosely-coupled distributed system, where each database is autonomous, we
may need another mechanism.

I've learned that logical replication (used to be bi-directional
replication) people are doing this kind of work.

Regards;

Koichi Suzuki