Re: IMP: using PG-Admin with screen readers (JAWS & NVDA)

From: Saravanan K <k(dot)saravanan(dot)salem(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: at <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)orgpgadmin-support>, pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IMP: using PG-Admin with screen readers (JAWS & NVDA)
Date: 2023-11-13 11:47:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your response.
I am eagerly waiting for this release.
I am having good exposure in postgresql. Due to the in accessibility of PG
admin, I am lagging in my work schedule. I kindly request once more to make
pg admin accessible to jaws & nvda. It will help many visually impaired
persons like me in stabilizing our career. Try to understand our
difficulties & do better on our part.Please inform me for beta version
also. I will & check for accessibility issues & help you in correcting
them.

I have done a work around process in pg admin.
I am able to browse thru the main tree option.
Here I have to press enter for selecting a particular item.
After selecting the particular item or object, I have to press shift +
enter to expand the object / item.
I have to repeat the same vice versa to collapse the object/item.
With these navigation, I am able to browse the browser tree.

In query editor, I can type any query then select it & press f5 to execute
it.
But, I am facing lot of difficulty here only.
I can not perform other activities here.
Overall, I can access pg admin just a part only.
Please make other available options & activities accessible to screen
reader users also.
Thanks in advance for your upcoming effort.
I will be ready to help you up to my level best.

Eagerly waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks & regards.
Saravanan.K
+91 9916512402

--