Re: [External] LIMIT not showing all results

From: Matthew Pounsett <matt(at)conundrum(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [External] LIMIT not showing all results
Date: 2019-03-05 23:18:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 18:09, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> If you're planninng to install (the same version of) FreeBSD on
> the original server hardware, then rsync'ing back from the new
> system should be fine. But Debian<->FreeBSD is gonna be trouble
> in either direction.

But I'm specifically NOT talking about doing an rsync to get the data
back.. the plan is to use in-protocol replication. Maybe that's a
distinction without a difference, but that's why I brought it up.

The replication documentation, and more specifically the pg_basebackup
documentation, makes no mention of cross-OS replication as being a problem
for any reason. If that is expected to be a problem, then perhaps that
should be updated?