Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?

From: Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?
Date: 2018-07-15 19:08:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you all for your responses!

Okay, if I decide to start this project, the Linux platform will be
supported.

As I see it, pgspa (PostgreSQL Server Programming Assistant) should have
both the command line interface,
and the GUI for visualizing some aspects of the work. The tool should be
friendly for your favorite editors (Emacs,
VSCode etc) for easy integration to the daily workflow. (There is no plans
to write feature rich text editor inside
the IDE. It's more rational to provide the integration with the existing
text editors for professional programmers.)
What do you think?