Predicting query runtime

From: Vinicius Segalin <vinisegalin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Predicting query runtime
Date: 2016-09-12 14:03:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to predict query runtime (I don't need to be
extremely precise). I've been reading some papers about it, and people are
using machine learning to do so. For the feature vector, they use what the
DBMS's query planner provide, such as operators and their cost. The thing
is that I haven't found any work using PostgreSQL, so I'm struggling to
adapt it.
My question is if anyone is aware of a work that uses machine learning and
PostgreSQL to predict query runtime, or maybe some other method to perform
this.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Vinicius Segalin