Replication with partitions?

From: Dave Johansen <davejohansen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication with partitions?
Date: 2015-12-07 18:22:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

We're moving to Postgres 9.2 on RHEL 7 and as part of this we are going to
setup a slave database as our data warehouse. We would like to use the
streaming replication that's built into 9.2, so we would want to remove all
of the data from an old partition on the master but have it stay on the
slave. I was reading the documentation [1] and it sound like this is not
possible.

Is there a way to make this sort of setup work with the streaming
replication that's built into Postgres 9.2?

Thanks,
Dave

[1]:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/different-replication-solutions.html