Postgresql | Vacuum information

From: Sohel Tamboli <sohel(dot)tamboli0016(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql | Vacuum information
Date: 2018-02-28 18:31:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I need some information on vacuum in postgresql. I know that "vacuum full"
recreate full table and releases space to OS. Only "vacuum" clears the dead
tuples and free the space but does not returns free space to OS, indeed it
keeps free space as a part of table.
My question is, after running only "vacuum", how does new data or insert is
written to the table? I need to know that Does new data gets inserted in
free space available in between of live tuples or gets inserted at the end
of table everytime.

Appreciate your quick response!!

Thanks,
Sohel