Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Date: 2022-04-28 16:57:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Good day,

Here is the output to commands suggested by *Adrian Klaver*. Encoding is
the same in both client and server. Also, there are 7 tables I want to
exclude.
[image: image.png]
The version of source DB is 11, and target version is 14.

Regarding the following comment:

> *FYI, -n riopoderoso and the riopoderoso
> in'riopoderoso."AspNetRoleClaims"' are redundant.*

Should I remove the schema name so the exclude switch is *-T "AspNet"*
instead of *-T 'riopoderoso."AspNet"'?*

I have tried -T 'riopoderoso."Asp*"', -T 'riopoderoso."Asp"*', -T
'"Asp"*', -T "Asp"*' and several other combinations unsuccessfully. Also,
I have escaped double quotes, single quotes and both at the same time using
the *^* character as documented in several sources.

The command is issued using the command prompt in Windows 10.
[image: image.png]

The pg_dump command is included in a batch file which basically does the
following. These are the only lines in the batch file:

[image: image.png]
After all the tests I have performed, it looks that there is a good chance
that the problem has to do with the shell, the command prompt in this case.
Can I run the *pg_dump* command in *psql*? I rarely use psql.

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado