Backing up a DB excluding certain tables

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Date: 2022-04-26 19:15:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using *pg_dump* to backup a DB but I would like to exclude some tables
so I added the *-T* switch with a pattern like this: *aspnet*.**. The
backup command includes the *-s* switch to consider the schema only
because I do not need the data. However, even with the *-T* switch, the
tables with the above pattern are created and I also want to exclude their
creation. Is this possible? Or maybe I am not setting the pattern
correctly. This is the command I am issuing:

pg_dump -E win1252 -f c:/temp/respaldo.backup -F p -n riopoderoso -h
localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -W -T aspnet*.* -s riopoderoso

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado