asynchronous commit

From: Robert DiFalco <robert(dot)difalco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: asynchronous commit
Date: 2015-01-19 18:03:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I have several tables that I use for logging and real-time stats. These are
not critical and since they are a bottleneck I want transactions against
them to always be asynchronous. Is there a way to specify this at a table
level or do I have to make sure to call set synchronous_commit='off' every
time I insert or update to them? And presumably remember to turn it back on
again for safety.