SET LOCAL synchronous_commit TO OFF

From: Robert DiFalco <robert(dot)difalco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SET LOCAL synchronous_commit TO OFF
Date: 2015-06-11 16:34:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to make sure I understand the repercussions of this before making it
a global setting.

As far as I can tell this will put data/referential integrity at risk. It
only means that there is a period of time (maybe 600 msecs) between when a
commit occurs and when that data is safe in the case of a server crash.

Is there anything else I'm missing?