Re: How to tune my new server

From: Joseph Kregloh <jkregloh(at)sproutloud(dot)com>
To: Sachin Srivastava <ssr(dot)teleatlas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to tune my new server
Date: 2015-08-18 13:33:20
Lists: pgsql-general

When tuning the last server that we built I followed the following Wiki
page as to where to make adjustments
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server then tested
the tweaks using pgbench tools from
https://github.com/gregs1104/pgbench-tools. Of course not every machine is
built the same and not every PostgreSQL server is used the same, to tune
according to the machine and the usage of the server.

Thanks,
-Joseph Kregloh