Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces

From: Joseph Kregloh <jkregloh(at)sproutloud(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Date: 2013-12-19 21:06:09
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

It's easier to keep things segregated. It is not anymore different than
doing the upgrade in the same jail. Which at the end of the day you are
doing the upgrade in the same jail, because at the end of the day
pg_upgrade just needs the old data an binary to start and create some dump
files.

But the real problem here is with the table spaces. Because in order to
copy the relation over I would need to mount the old data to the
/usr/local/pgsql/data on the new jail. The relation would be there and
would finish successfully(I did this exercise). However the 9.3 install
would be in a different directory, say /usr/local/pgsql_93 and will not
have the data files because they now live in the old install location.

-Joseph