Partitions

From: Günce Kaya <guncekaya14(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Partitions
Date: 2017-11-06 07:19:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

We have a large table and we use partition on that table. We keep data as
monthly with partitions so partitions check date fields. I'm confused about
adding second partition on same table but for check different field like
state(character varying). By the way this partitions which check date has
index for state column.

When a query run first check partitions. Sometimes it is really make slow
queries than we expect. We want to get query check first state field during
running that query. In brief we would like to prioritise this.

Can we separate partition structure for instance partitions for date and
partitions for state on same table?

I'm not sure it is reasonable? Is there anyone performed this scenario?

Regards,
Gunce Kaya

Linkedin <https://tr.linkedin.com/in/guncekaya> - Twitter
<https://twitter.com/gguncesi> - Blog