Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server

From: Sanjib Mohanty <sanjib(dot)technical(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: lennam(at)incisivetechgroup(dot)com
Cc: soumik(dot)bhattacharjee(at)kpn(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup fails to connect from slave server
Date: 2020-02-09 07:15:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi team,
Thanks a lot all of your help for heads up.
I could able t o successfully replicate the data and test the fail over
scenario by promoting the hot stand by to master.
However, I need best precise solution for fail back scenario now. I mean,
Switching back to to original master and slave setup.

In that case, I would like to bring back my original master to master
again and promoted master back to slave.

Master is down-
Promoted slave as master- Inserted few records- Need to demote the Slave
and bring back the Master

Do I need to follow the same process as I created the slave initially ?

Thanks in advance, your reply will greatly help.

Regards,
SM