Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting build-system work (Windows/Mac users please speak up)
Date: 2020-06-15 16:47:09
Lists: pljava-dev

The pg_ctl stall issue has been fixed.

I am now trying to work around the Powershell streams. It seems psql writes
all its output including info, debug to error stream whereas Powershell has
a different stream for each of errors, warnings, debug and info. I have
been able to redirect all the output to stdout instead. However, this
redirects errors as well without failing the build. I am thinking of
manually processing the output to catch errors and manually terminate the
build in such a case. However, I think there might be a simpler solution to
use psql in quiet mode. What are your views on this ?