Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-08-09 20:43:51
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi!

I went through nar's source and seems to be just a lot of abstraction and
generalization to support different use cases. I extracted the following
commands from Nar Maven's build process
https://gist.github.com/amCap1712/f6c643a25c9d8d1dcaa429e62a81c27a. It
basically boils down to invoking the compiler with the given flags,
includes and files. And then link the created object files to create the
shared library. The jar part is created by the maven-jar-plugin which I am
not yet sure about how to use.

For the initial iteration, I am planning to expose a CC object with
functions to add the includes and the flags manually. I think this could
benefit from the profile detecting function so I'll write it first then. I
assume that all files in the pljava-so are going to be compiled. Then, call
the linker on the generated files. Once the .so file is available, we can
generalize our implementation from there as needed.

Regards,
Kartik