Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-14 17:36:43
Lists: pljava-dev

> By the way, if you have a moment for a break in between other things,
> I would be happy if you could look at the pull request I just put in [3].
>
> I don't have an easy way to test it on Windows, and I wouldn't be
> surprised if some details in init() or start(), for example, might
> need adjustment there.

Sure. Running a CI check is as easy as opening a PR against the master
branch of my PL/Java fork. For this case,
https://github.com/amCap1712/pljava/pull/4 . At the bottom, you can click
details next to the CI provider to view detailed logs of each build. As of
now, the Windows build will fail for Java 9, 10 (probably PG 9 as well) in
any case so that can be ignored. I'll notify you once the build is done.

--------
I have begun implementing a basic script integration mojo but while trying
to test it, I get a NullPointerException because the ScriptManager is
unable to find any suitable engine. How can I fix this ?

ScriptEngineManager manager = new ScriptEngineManager();
engine = manager.getEngineByMimeType("application/javascript");

Regards,
Kartik.