Re: PL/Java new build plugin

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Java new build plugin
Date: 2020-07-05 10:44:08
Lists: pljava-dev

> DOTALL is the long name of one of those flags (s); the other one (i) is
> CASE_INSENSITIVE. Am I missing where they are being set?

I saw I had not committed the change. I'll fix it in the next commit.

> Oh, I think I see where that probably is. For some reason, while the
> 'replacement' string in the underlying java.util.regex methods uses
> $1, $2, etc., to refer to captured groups, just to keep things interesting
> the 'replace' attribute in an ant containsregex element uses \1, \2
> instead. I bet if you ran the output through od or the like, you would see
> that the two empty boxes are the byte values 001 and 002, which are what \1
> and \2 in a Java string literal represent.

Thanks. This fixed the issue.

> Have you written out the assumptions that must be true of pg_config's
> output, for parsing it into the separate properties to be reliable?

The only assumption I make is that pg_config prints each variable
separated by the system's file separator.

I have deleted the ant-run code generating the pgsql.properties file and
read the pgxs.properties file generated by PL/Java PGXS plugin. I have set
up the branch with CI and have observed that this is working for Linux and
macOS but failing for Windows. I will try to debug why this fails for
Windows.