Re: Just one Travis Mac OS build failed

From: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Cc: pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Just one Travis Mac OS build failed
Date: 2020-07-15 11:57:07
Lists: pljava-dev

> Does Travis have any third status for a build, between 'succeeded' and
> 'failed', like 'skipped'?

It is not possible to mark skipped. It is possible to mark succeeded but I
think that will be more dangerous than the red. I had a thought that we
could have a serverless function in the cloud somewhere. We can try to
detect if the failure is due to download error in macports and send a
signal to the function. Then the job is terminated immediately. The
function then triggers this failed job by submitting an API call. Since,
the issue vanishes on retrying, doing such retries for at most a 2-3 times
would work. What do you think?