Re: Postgres Account Inherit Question

From: Carlos Mennens <carlos(dot)mennens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Account Inherit Question
Date: 2011-10-14 17:43:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi
> Did you check for a .pgpass file ?

I'm assuming you're talking about a hidden file in my Linux shell for
the 'postgres' user. I don't see one anywhere. I just had a
.psql_history file which I removed.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Did you check for a .pgpass file ?
>
> And do you have any other lines before the few ones you give ?

Yes. It reads the config file as follows:

# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local all postgres ident

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

local all all md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
host all all 10.1.10.0/24 md5