Re: TOAST Table / Dead Tuples / Free Pages

From: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Shenavai, Manuel" <manuel(dot)shenavai(at)sap(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TOAST Table / Dead Tuples / Free Pages
Date: 2024-06-13 08:08:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

You can use the CLUSTER command, which will physically reorder the table
based on index, effectively reducing the size of the table without using
VACUUM.

CLUSTER your_table USING your_index;

Or you can use the pg_repack extension as well.

pg_repack -d your_database -t your_table

Regards
Kashif Zeeshan