Re: PostgresSQL 9.5 and systemd autorestart but without replication.

From: Poul Kristensen <bcc5226(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgresSQL 9.5 and systemd autorestart but without replication.
Date: 2016-10-26 21:23:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes.

And a library as the one on the master have to established on the standby
server in order to continue WAL archives on
standby.
As far as I remember I experienced the same situation using the
"hot_standby" option in the "standby server" section(together with at
riggerfile).
There is no solution that makes automatic switching between replication
nodes ensuring no dataloss even not a glusterfs just by itself.
A third replicated server has to be added. PostgreSQL - in my opion - ought
be able to meet network interruptions as they
seem to quite common making nodes switch several times each day. As one of
you kind people said: To be sure against dataloss
use a cluster(at least 2 servers) plus a replication server.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Poul

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards