Re: Cluster solution for Postgresql 9.5

From: Poul Kristensen <bcc5226(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cluster solution for Postgresql 9.5
Date: 2016-10-05 13:07:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks a lot for a very fast responce. The reason for asking is this video
of march 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruaCgeG7qs /Josh Berkin is the speaker.

Josh Berkin talks about the possibility of datafile corruption on the
Postgres server connected by
a lot of Docker/Pod(Redhats Kubernetes with etcd to manage the failover)
images. In my understanding a Postgres cluster will act exactly the same
way nomatter which way the Postgres is connected.
So how come that Josh Berkin is worried about databasefile corruption?

TIA !

Poul

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards