Re: Psycopg 2.7.4 released

From: Federico <rotellaro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Psycopg 2.7.4 released
Date: 2018-02-08 19:04:56
Lists: psycopg

Hi Daniele, thanks for the new release.

Fantastic work as usual :)

I was just wondering how can I manage this separation in the setup.py
(install_requires argument).
Currently I list psycopg2>=2.7.3.

Shall I follow the pattern and create two different source packages or do
you recommend a different approach?

Thanks

Federico

On 8 February 2018 at 15:29, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> we have released Psycopg version 2.7.4.
>
> You will find a few bug fixes in the release, and an important change
> in the Wheels packages. In short, installing the 'psycopg2' package
> from binary will now raise a warning on import: if you still want to
> install from binary you should now install the 'psycopg2-binary'
> package (this is only the package name to ask pip, no change is
> required to the Python import statements). All the details of the
> story are available at:
> <http://initd.org/psycopg/articles/2018/02/08/psycopg-274-released/>.
>
> This is the summary of the bugs fixed in this release:
>
> - Moving away from installing the wheel package by default.
> Packages installed from wheel raise a warning on import. Added package
> 'psycopg2-binary' to install from wheel instead (ticket #543).
> - Convert fields names into valid Python identifiers in
> 'NamedTupleCursor' (ticket #211).
> - Fixed Solaris 10 support (ticket #532).
> - 'cursor.mogrify()' can be called on closed cursors (ticket #579).
> - Fixed setting session characteristics in corner cases on autocommit
> connections (ticket #580).
> - Fixed 'MinTimeLoggingCursor' on Python 3 (ticket #609).
> - Fixed parsing of array of points as floats (ticket #613).
> - Fixed '__libpq_version__' building with libpq >= 10.1 (ticket 632).
> - Fixed 'rowcount' after 'executemany()' with 'RETURNING' statements
> (ticket 633).
> - Fixed compatibility problem with pypy3 (ticket #649).
> - Wheel packages compiled against PostgreSQL 10.1 libpq and OpenSSL 1.0.2n.
> - Wheel packages for Python 2.6 no more available (support dropped
> from wheel building infrastructure).
>
> Happy hacking!
>

> ----
>
> Psycopg is the most popular PostgreSQL adapter for the Python
> programming language. At its core it fully implements the Python DB
> API 2.0 specifications. Several extensions allow access to many of the
> features offered by PostgreSQL.

Federico Campoli
Hove, East Sussex, UK, Planet Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy
There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.
(The fourth Doctor)
http://www.pgdba.co.uk