Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server.

From: Vikas Bodani <vikas(at)webdataconsulting(dot)in>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: arnab biswas <arnab(dot)biswas(at)associates(dot)scit(dot)edu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Vikas Bodani <vikas(at)webdataconsulting(dot)in>
Subject: Re: postgresql.conf file goes missing everytime I restart postgres DB server.
Date: 2019-04-09 19:02:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Maybe you have some HA tool that starts up another server, and delete
this one's config file in order to prevent split-brain.

Thanks Alvaro. Since this happens during the multi-master bdr setup, could
the other postgres instance within bdr, begin up and running while we
restart this one, delete this one's config? What do you mean split-brain?

Thanks
*Vikas Bodani*
www.webdatatechnologies.in

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:10 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 2019-Apr-09, arnab biswas wrote:
>
> > I am trying to setup postgresql bdr 9.4. I have to do regular restart of
> DB
> > server after doing changes in postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf. After
> > restart the postgresql.conf file does not load. It gives the following
> > error:
> >
> > /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf not found
> >
> > I could not find any solution to this issue. Requesting your kind reply
> > this issue.
>
> So how do you recreate the postgresql.conf file?
>
> Maybe you have some HA tool that starts up another server, and delete
> this one's config file in order to prevent split-brain.
>
> --
> Álvaro Herrera https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Disclaimer:
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is
confidential and proprietary to Web Data Technologies LLP  (Web Data) and
its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you
are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator
or admin(at)webdatatechnologies(dot)in(dot) Web Data does not enter into any agreement
with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not
necessarily reflect the view of Web Data Technologies LLP. Web Data is not
responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
information provided, through this email. The contents of an attachment to
this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own
computer system. While we have taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you
sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own
virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about us please
visit www.webdatatechnologies.in <http://www.webdataconsulting.in/>.