Re: Estimating WAL usage during pg_basebackup

From: Soni M <diptatapa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Estimating WAL usage during pg_basebackup
Date: 2014-10-31 02:22:51
Lists: pgsql-general

This is hard to tell, but You can get some estimation.
1. You can have WAL rate estimation from pg_xlog/ dir, i.e. How many WAL
generated per minutes
2. How long this pg_basebackup will last. Lets say for 3 hours.
Then You can multiple values in #1 and #2 to get rough estimation.

Hope this would help.

--
Regards,

Soni Maula Harriz