Re: Mutex error 22 - Postgres version 14

From: sireesha <sireesha(dot)padmini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mutex error 22 - Postgres version 14
Date: 2023-02-01 22:45:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback.
This error is reported in Postgresql log and exact message from the log is
below .

2023-01-24 02:35:45.833 PST [3424807] LOG: PID 0 in cancel request did not
match any process
*Error locking mutex 22*

There are multiple mutex errors logged in postgresql.log and the Postgres
processes went to defunct state.
We couldn't access the database until we restarted the server.No logs
reported in server as well.

We noticed this behaviour in 2 different Postgres 14 databases in past 1
week.

Please let me know if i have to provide any other trouble report.

Thank you.

Regards,
PS