Re: proposal: convert comments in documents to html comments

From: Noboru Saito <noborusai(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: convert comments in documents to html comments
Date: 2022-06-29 07:29:23
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Hmm. Could it be better to tweak git_changelog so as the commit ID is
> reordered in the contents generated then? Then the doc rules could be
> tweaked to feed on that? I have noticed that your patch is not able
> to put a commit with its correct item. The first item of a section is
> not aligned looks associated to nothing, while the last item has no
> commit associated to it.

Hmmm.
Comments aren't really associated with anything, so it's difficult to
associate them correctly.

I think it is better to stop commenting xml (sgml) and format it as
follows (tags are tentative).

<listitem>
<para role="commitinfo">
Author: Noah Misch <email>noah(at)leadboat(dot)com</email>
2021-09-09 <commitid>b073c3ccd</commitid> Revoke PUBLIC CREATE
from public schema, now owned by pg
</para>

<para>
Remove <literal>PUBLIC</literal> creation permission on the <link
(Noah Misch)
</para>
</listitem>