Re: How to exclude building/installing contrib modules on Windows

From: deepak <deepak(dot)pn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to exclude building/installing contrib modules on Windows
Date: 2015-01-09 02:00:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks.

I tried putting all the modules under the contrib directory to the
exclude list. Although I could compile, 3 of 153 regression tests
fail. I have attached the regression.diffs file.

Maybe some contrib modules are absolutely needed?

--
Deepak

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM, deepak <deepak(dot)pn(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > I would like to exclude building and installing contrib modules on
> Windows.
> >
> > Is there an easy way to do this? I largely rely on the tools available
> in
> > src\tools\msvc to build using Visual Studio 2008.
> Have a look at @contrib_excludes at the top of Mkvcbuild.pm. All the
> contrib modules listed there will be ignored at build and install, so
> just update it according to your needs if you want to ignore one thing
> or another, including any custom thing you may have copied in the code
> tree.
> --
> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs application/octet-stream 19.6 KB