Re: Clearly link Contributors pages

From: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL Contributors <contributors(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, er(at)xs4all(dot)nl, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Clearly link Contributors pages
Date: 2024-09-05 23:41:08
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Aug 9, 2024 at 10:08 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Generally LGTM, just a few minor nits to match pgweb styling:
>
> + <a href="about/governance/contributors/">Contributors Committee</a> at
>
> should be
>
> + <a href="/about/governance/contributors/">Contributors Committee</a> at
>
> (and the forward slashes in the other hrefs)

Fixed in attached v2.

On Sat, Aug 10, 2024 at 8:14 AM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> > On Sat, Aug 10, 2024 at 3:22 AM Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> wrote:
>>
> > Wouldn't it make sense to also link this list:
> >
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/release-16.html#RELEASE-16-ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
>
> I am not sure the fact that his/her name mentioned only once in the
> release notes qualifies the contributor definition.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/contributors/
> > Major Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream
> > of contributions, having substantial positive impact on the
> > development of the PostgreSQL Community, over many years.
> >
> > Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream of
> > notable contributions in recent years.
>
> I think these suggest that contributions need to be continued for
> multiple years, not single year. I maybe wrong but that's my
> impression.

In attached v2, I tried adding a sentence to the Contributors policy
page on Recognized Contributors explaining that while one-time code
contributions are not sufficient alone for inclusion on the Recognized
Contributors list, you can find the list of contributors to a
particular release in the Release Notes (with a link to release
notes). What do you think?

- Melanie

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Clearly-link-contributors-pages.patch text/x-patch 4.5 KB