SQL pre-processor, like ecpg, for other languages?

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL pre-processor, like ecpg, for other languages?
Date: 2015-08-11 12:20:47
Lists: pgsql-general

PostgreSQL comes with ecpg which is a "pre-processor" to handle embedded
EXEC SQL startements in C (OK, you already know that). I am wondering if
anyone knows of any such program for other compiled languages, in
particular GNU COBOL or ADA? (please don't shudder, I have my reasons as
strange as they may be). If not, I may try to "hack" up something using
ecpg as a model. But I'm not confident that I have the talent / knowledge /
experience to be able to do that.

Thanks.

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown