Re: Attachments

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Attachments
Date: 2016-02-02 21:36:39
Lists: pgsql-general

I prefer how the R mailing list works: No attachments of any kind and no
HTML messages allowed. Just plain text email. If someone needs to supply
something too large for a single email, they must put it on a Web site
(such as GitHub, for example) and then include a URL for that. That is: (1)
much safer for all; (2) saves bandwidth for uninterested users; (3) save
space on the various archives. Yes, this is very "retro" of me. And only a
personal opinion, not a commandment from on high.

--
Werner Heisenberg is driving down the autobahn. A police officer pulls
him over. The officer says, "Excuse me, sir, do you know how fast you

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing
to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown