Re: Postgres backup solution

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Lawrence Cohan <LCohan(at)web(dot)com>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres backup solution
Date: 2017-03-14 20:04:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Your message is not diplaying. At least not for me. I guess that my reader
does not understand the "smime.p7m" file, which shows as an attachment. For
others, his question is:

=== original question from Lawrence Cohan ===

Yes, this is what I intended to ask:

What would be a recommended solution for backing up a very large Postgres
(~13TeraBytes) database in order to prevent from data deletion/corruption.
Current setup is only to backup/restore to a standby read-only Postgres
server
via AWS S3 using wal-e however this does not offer the comfort of keeping a
full backup available in case we need to restore some deleted or corrupted
data.

Thanks,

Lawrence Cohan

===