Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source
Date: 2018-06-04 17:12:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 12:10 PM Michael Nolan <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Microsoft has bought GitHub for $7.5 billion, is this a threat to the open
> source community?

​I don't know, but my intent is to abandon GitHub entirely. Too bad,
because I like to use it more to post "Gists" and send the URL to someone,
or a list, to show long code sequences (which won't fit easily in email).​

--
Once a government places vague notions of public safety and security above
the preservation of freedom, a general loss of liberty is sure to follow.

GCS Griffin -- Pelaran Alliance -- TFS Guardian (book)

Maranatha! <><
John McKown